- To preserve and promote African arts and culture
- To preserve and promote Creole arts and culture
-To collect, publish and disseminate information with respect to the African and Creole arts and culture
- To organise lectures, seminars, workshops, exhibitions and any other activities leading to the better understanding of the African and Creole arts and culture
- To do research and to reflect on the impact slavery has had in Mauritius
- To establish useful links with organisations engaged in similar activities locally and internationally
- To organise various activities, conferences, talks, debates, workshops and literary competitions to improve the general public’s awareness of African and Creole culture.
- Organisation of cultural shows on the occasion of current activities.